Table of Contents
- 10 different ways to pray for your Pastor
- 1) Pray that God will encourage your pastor’s heart
- 2) Prayer of Protection for your Pastor
- 3) Prayer that your Pastor will fear God the more throughout their ministry
- 4) Prayer of Safety for Pastors
- 5) Prayer for Pastors to receive more anointing and Endownment of the spirit of God
- 6) Pray for Your Pastor’s Prayer Life
- 7) Pray for Your Pastor’s Character
- 8) Pray for your Pastor’s Family, Wife, and Kids
- 9) Pray for your pastor to have an excellent spirit like Daniel
- 10) Pray For Your Pastor For Protection From Satan
- 11) Prayer for Pastor to have Discernment spirit
- 12) Pray for Your Pastor’s Strength in These Tough Times
- 12) Understand God’s Will And Direction In His Life
- 13) Encouragement From The Lord In Times Of Stress And Weariness
- 14) Pray For Your Pastor To Be Kept From Temptation And Evils Of The World
- 15) Pray for Respect and Honour
- 16) Prayer for Pastor to overcome temptations and trials
- 17) Auction for signs and wondersLord Jesus
- 18) A Good Day with Familial Joy
- 19) To have the right heart
- 20) Prayer for Pastor To Receive Strength
- 21) Prayer for Pastor to know the love of Christ
There is no more need for a pastor than there is for the sun in the sky or the air we breathe. A pastor’s life isn’t always easy, and they often need encouragement and prayers to keep going.
10 different ways to pray for your Pastor
There are many ways that you can pray for your pastor, whether you want to ask God to give them strength during hard times or thank Him for all He has done in their lives. In this blog post, we will talk about ten different ways that you can pray for your pastor!
1) Pray that God will encourage your pastor’s heart
There are times when our pastors get discouraged, and we can pray for them by asking God to give their hearts encouragement.
Pastor should have a strong faith in themselves as well, but sometimes they need more than just themselves during difficult situations. We can ask that God will instill the right words into their minds to encourage others.
This can be especially important for times when the church is going through hard trials and it’s tough to see our pastor dealing with all of these things alone.
Praying that God will give your pastor strength during difficult circumstances is also a good way to pray for them so they are able-bodied.
2) Prayer of Protection for your Pastor
God, we pray you would keep our pastor safe from all danger. We ask that You will surround them with Your angels and defend them against the enemy.
Give their life a shield of faith to prevent any harm coming near or the one they are defending against evil in this world. Protect us, too, Lord so that no weapon formed against shall prosper.
“No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper, and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.”- Isaiah 54 : 17.
3) Prayer that your Pastor will fear God the more throughout their ministry
Lord, we thank You for the gift of Your servant to lead us in worship and spread the Good News.
We pray that through our pastor’s example they will teach us how to love you with all our hearts, souls, and minds. We also pray that they will be keenly aware of the wrathful judgment that awaits all who don’t fear you and that they will labor to bring us closer to the Kingdom of Heaven.
4) Prayer of Safety for Pastors
Keep them safe as their ministry enables them to proclaim Your word in a time where it is desperately needed. Keep them strong so they can persevere through hardship or temptation. We ask this for Christ’s sake our Savior.
5) Prayer for Pastors to receive more anointing and Endownment of the spirit of God
O Lord help us to live our lives in such a way that will keep the anointing of God and His Holy Spirit; so we can be instruments for Your work. Pastors need to constantly tap from the never-to-run dry fountain of the Holy Spirit to accomplish their ministry.
6) Pray for Your Pastor’s Prayer Life
Lord Jesus, we pray for Your servant Pastor who is faithful to You. Keep them strong in faith and ever mindful of their need to maintain an active prayer life. Help us be there for them as they make time and space for this important element in their ministry. Help them at the place of prayer and supplication to receive newer inspirations and guidance from You what they need in order to minister effectively.
7) Pray for Your Pastor’s Character
Lord Jesus, we pray for Your servant, Pastor, who is faithful to You. Help them see their ministry as a sacred trust from You and not just a job of work so they can successfully carry out your purposes in this season. Give them the character that will make them trustworthy before others; someone with integrity, good reputation, and moral excellence.
8) Pray for your Pastor’s Family, Wife, and Kids
Lord, we pray for Your servant’s wife and children. Help them to be an encouragement in this ministry that is very demanding on him as he strives to carry out the responsibilities of his position.
There are other ideas you can include here about your pastors like their personal needs or struggles they may be facing in life but these will get you started.
9) Pray for your pastor to have an excellent spirit like Daniel
Daniel was a man who exhibited excellence in every area of his life. He had an excellent spirit, went through difficult times with exceptional courage and faithfulness to God’s word. – Daniel was proficient in wisdom and knowledge; he made important decisions with intelligence, integrity, and skill.
Daniel boasted about their righteousness rather than what they accomplished by their own power or what help they were given.
Pray for your pastor to be a person like that and have the same qualities as Daniel, “for he was great in spirit.”
10) Pray For Your Pastor For Protection From Satan
Pray for your pastor to be protected from Satan and his tactics.
Satan is a roaring lion on the prowl looking for someone to devour, he wants to sabotage any good thing you have going in life but these will get you started.
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour (1 Peter 5:8).
11) Prayer for Pastor to have Discernment spirit
Prayer for your pastor to have a spirit of discernment, or the ability to judge wisely.
“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. —James 1:5”
12) Pray for Your Pastor’s Strength in These Tough Times
The times are tough on everyone and it is more difficult when you’re leading an entire congregation. It will be important that your pastor has enough strength to face these challenges
12) Understand God’s Will And Direction In His Life
Lord Jesus, I pray you will fill your pastor’s heart with love for you, that he would understand the things and ways of God.
Pray for your pastor to be able to find his way in this world and know where he is going.
13) Encouragement From The Lord In Times Of Stress And Weariness
Lord Jesus, I pray that you will give your pastor a new strength and courage in his heart.
Pray for your pastor to be encouraged by the Lord, even when it seems like he has nothing left.
14) Pray For Your Pastor To Be Kept From Temptation And Evils Of The World
Lord Jesus, I pray that you would keep your servant from temptations and evil in this world.
Pray for your pastor to be kept from all that would harm him or distract him from you.
15) Pray for Respect and Honour
Lord Jesus, I pray that others will respect and honor your servant on earth.
Pray for your pastor to be respected and honored by others, even those with whom he disagrees.
16) Prayer for Pastor to overcome temptations and trials
Lord Jesus, I pray that your servant will overcome the temptations and trials of life.
Pray for your pastor to be strengthened by you when facing temptation or trial.
17) Auction for signs and wondersLord Jesus
I pray that your servant will be anointed for supernatural signs and wonders. Pray that he would receive the power of God to do miracles by faith.
18) A Good Day with Familial Joy
Lord Jesus, please grant to your servant a time of happiness at home today with his family.
Pray that he has a time of rest and peace with his family today.
19) To have the right heart
Lord Jesus, please give your servant the desire to do what is in accordance with your will. I pray that he would be obedient even when it is difficult or unpleasant. Pray that he would draw near to you when faced with temptation or trial.
20) Prayer for Pastor To Receive Strength
Lord Jesus, please grant your servant strength and energy today so that he may be a good example of what it means to live in accordance with the gospel. Pray that his words will speak life into those he encounters today.
21) Prayer for Pastor to know the love of Christ
Lord Jesus, please grant your servant a deep and abiding knowledge that you are his Savior. I pray that he would be filled with an intimate sense of God’s undeserved kindness toward him so that it will overflow in service to others.