Rush United Methodist Church exists to provide a wide variety of opportunities for all persons to know the love of Jesus Christ and become his faithful followers.
We will support each other in the use of our diverse Spiritual gifts to reach out with Christ’s love for those who do not know Him. We long for all of those people to accept God’s grace and become a part of God’s community.
- We believe in and encourage diversity in our faith community (Mark 16:15; Acts 2:5-12)
- We believe in using culturally relevant means to involve all persons in the life of the faith community (Matthew 1-14; 1 Cor. 9:19-23)
- We believe in the promise and power of personal and corporate prayer. (Matthew 6:5-15; James 5:15-16)
- We believe that each person of faith is spiritually gifted by God. (Romans 12:4-18)
- We believe that by creating an open and friendly atmosphere we make all persons welcome. (Luke 9:48; 1 Peter 5:1-4)
- We believe in “service” and in meeting the needs of others. (Like 10:25-37)
- We believe that excellence honors God and inspires people (Exodus 4:10-17)
- We believe the church should be led by its chosen and gifted leaders. (Acts 6:2-5)
- We believe the church encourages faithful stewardship. (Mark 12:41-44)
- We believe in teaching the Christian faith in all its breadth and wonder to all person of all ages. (Mark 6:1; Matthew 4:23)
- We believe in nurturing loving personal relationships among all persons. We believe in the centrality of the family and in all its shapes and sizes. (John 12:34-35; Luke 10:38-42)